Ph.D. (manuscript - PDF, French)
(a re-implementation, by L.G. Nardin, of a part of LIAR is included in SOARI)
PreSans / REMIX co-working / L'APPART
57 rue Turbigo
Il est vraiment rare qu'on se quitte bien, car si on était bien, on ne se quitterait pas.
(Marcel Proust - Albertine disparue)
- Since January 2013, Guillaume MULLER is a full-time researcher in the R&D department of the Presans start-up.
- Guillaume MULLER is developping crawlers for websites listing publications&patents and directories in order to build a database of experts in any domain.
- Guillaume MULLER is doing researches in machine learning for desambiguation of authors, automatic identification of websites content, firstname/lastname identification, website customization, etc.
- Guillaume MULLER also worked in the domain of big-data and machine learning.
- Guillaume MULLER is also interested in the domains of trust and reputation models, organizational models and agent communication, especially the context of Open and Decentralized Multi-Agent Systems.
Small background and related works bibliography
- Guillaume MULLER was an active member of the Trust Competition and Experimentation Testbed development team.
- 2002-2006: PhD in Computer Science (with highest grade)
École Nationale Superieure des Mines, Saint-Étienne (ÉNSM.SÉ), G2I/SMA Lab.
- Title: Using Norms and Reputations to Detect and Sanction Contradictions -- Contribution to the Social Control of Interactions in Open and Decentralized Multi-Agent Systems
- Keywords: Multi-Agent Systems, Trust, Reputation, Norms, Social Commitments, Peer-to-peer.
- Supervisors: O. Boissier (ÉNSM.SÉ, Saint-Etienne) and L. Vercouter (ÉNSM.SÉ, Saint-Etienne).
- Reviewers: Y. Demazeau (IMAG, Grenoble) and C. Sierra (UAB, Barcelona).
- Examiners: S. Hassas (UCB, Lyon), A. Herzig (UPS, Toulouse) and J. Rouchier (Univ. M�d., Marseille).
- Date of defense: December, 11th 2006
- Manuscript link: manuscript - PDF, in French
- Implementation link:a clean re-implementation, by L.G. Nardin, of a part of LIAR is included in SOARI
- 2004: European Summer School in Logic, Language, and Information
Principal lecturers: I. Pratt-Hartmann, H. Schlingloff, C. Kirchner.
Nancy, France (granted by IJCAI).
- 2003: European Agent Systems Summer School
Principal lecturers: M. Wooldridge, M. Luck, N. Jennings, F. Dignum, C. Sierra.
- 1999-2001: Master in Computer Science
- 2nd year: (DEA IARFA) Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognition, Paris VI University. LIP6 Labs.
internship: multi-agent sleeping sickness simulations
Specializations: Multi-agent system, Machine learning, Artificial life, Pattern recognition, Simulation, Epidemiology, Java, C/C++, MadKit platform.
- 1rst year: (Maîtrise) Artificial Intelligence and Distributed Systems, Paris XI University. LRI Lab.
Specializations: Artificial intelligence, Distributed system, C/C++, Java, OCaml.
- 1996-1999: Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Specializations: Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Systems, Computer Graphics.
Paris XI University. LIMSI, LRI Labs.
- 1996: Scientific Baccalaureat.
Professional Experiences as Engineer
Professional Experiences as Researcher
- 2011-2012: Researcher at AiRPX
- Theme: Failure detection and optimization of aircrat fleet management.
- Keywords: Big Data, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, R, Java, Weka, Hadoop/Mahout.
- 2009-2011: Researcher-Engineer at CÉA-LIST-LIMA
- Theme: A Fuzzy Multi-Agent System for distributed optimization of thermal control of Solar Houses. Within the SOLAIRE DUO project financed by OSÉO
- Keywords: Solar Houses, Multi-Agent System.
- Supervisors: D. Mercier (CÉA-LIST-LIMA).
- 2008-2009: Temporary Researcher at LTI/EP-USP - Brazil
- Theme: Design of Virtual Players for RPG+MAS platforms by learning on traces of interactions.
- Keywords: Virtual Player, Multi-Agent System, Machine Learning, Role Playing Game, Serious Games.
- Supervisors: J. S. Sichman (LTI/PCS, Brazil).
- 2007-2008: Engineer-Researcher at LORIA
- Project: Intuitive Machine
- Theme: Designing an Intelligent and Communicating Domestic Assistant (ADIC: Assistant Domestique Intelligent et Communicant), particularly the dialog management system.
- Keywords: Multi-Agent, Dialog Management, Agent Communication Languages, BDI architecture, JadeX.
- Supervisors: F. Charpillet (LORIA, Nancy) and Vincent Zgueb (Intuitive Machine, Nancy).
- Project: PAUSA (Partage d'AUtoritÉ dans le Système AÉrien)
- Theme: Sharing and distribution of authority and responsibilities between (1) board (pilots) and ground (controllers) and (2) humans and machines.
- Keywords: Multi-Agent, Organisational Modelling, Authorithy sharing, Adjustable Autonomie, Air Traffic Management.
- Supervisors: F. Charpillet (LORIA, Nancy) and D. Fass (LORIA, Nancy).
- 2006-2007: Temporary Researcher at ÉSIL
- Theme: Using reputation for the personalisation of search engine results.
- Keywords: Multi-Agent, Trust, Reputation, Data-Mining, Personalisation.
- Tutor in lectures on trust and reputation models: AAMAS'08 and EASSS'08
- Conference program committee: INCOM'06 Doctoral Consortium
- Conference organizer: INCOM'06 Doctoral Consortium, INCOM'06, SPECIF'06, ART-testbed 2006, 2007 and 2008 competitions@AAMAS, workshop PAUSA'08, AFIA'11 platform.
- Journal reviewer: JAAMAS (2008), TIST (2010)
- Conference reviewer: JFSMA'04, IEEE P2P'05, IADIS/MCCSIS'07, IADIS/MCCSIS'08, AAMAS'09, ICORE'09, SBSC'09, EUMAS'10, EUMAS'12
- Conference attendee: Amazon Web Services, workshop PAUSA'08, SPECIF'06 (Saint-Étienne), AAMAS'05 (Utrecht, the Netherlands), JFIADSMA'03 (Lille, France), JFSMA'04 (Paris, France), JFSMA'05 (Calais, France), LCMAS'04 (Nancy, France)
- Member of Evaluation Committees for PhD candidates: Eugen Staab (2008-2010), JosÉ Luis Giraldo Henao (2009)
- Vice-President of PhD defense jury: Eugen Staab (2010)
Professional Experiences as Teacher
- September 2006 to August 2007 ATER at École d'Ingénieurs de Luminy (ÉSIL, Marseille): part-time
- September 2005 to August 2006 ATER at Saint-Étienne University (UJM, Saint-�tienne): part-time
- Master Students
- Bachelor Students (University)
- October 2002 to August 2005 Teachings during the Ph.D.
- Master Students
- Engineer Students (School of engineers)
- Lectures, Theory, Practical Work in Data Structures and Algorithms (1, 2)
- Practical Work in C (1, 2), Java (1) and Operating Systems (Windows2000, GNU/Linux)
- Advising of 3 groups of 1rst year students on projects in C and 1 group of 2nd year students on a project in Java+UML+Database
- Bachelor Students (University)
- Multi-Agent Platforms: MadKit (user, expert); Jade, Jason (user, basics); MAST (user and co-developer)
- Software Engineering: UML, Fusion (good)
- Programming Languages: R, Java, C, C++, C#, Prolog, Camel, Pascal, bash scripting, Basic (expert); i386 and Saturn Assembly, Perl, SQL (good)
- Web languages: HTML, PHP, XML (good)
- Programming Editors: XEmacs (expert); vi (good); Eclipse, MonoDevelop, Visual C# & C++ (basics)
- Operating systems: OpenBSD (good); GNU/Linux (ArchLinux, Slackware/Zenwalk, Debian/Ubuntu/Mint, RedHat/Mandrake: expert), Windows (98, NT4, 2000, XP, 7: good); MacOS X (basics)
- Software and API: Git/SVN/CVS, Gnuplot, Weka, GNU make, MPI/PVM (good); OpenGL (basics)
- Administration: Hadoop, IPCop, OpenVPN (good)
- Office Documents: LaTeX, Gnumeric (expert); Microsoft Office (good); OpenOffice/LibreOffice (good)
- French: native language
- English: written, read, spoken (TOEIC-2004 score: 935/990)
- Portuguese: written, read, spoken (work 1 year in Brazil)
- German: read
- Polish: basic
- Sports: climbing, running, trecking, swimming, biking, table tennis, roller hockey
- Music: classical (particularly: F. Chopin, W.A. Mozart et J.S. Bach), jazz (particularly: K. Jarrett, J.F. Pastorius, C. Parker and D. Gillespie)
- Movies: H. Miyasaki, L. von Trier, T. Burton
- Associations: ASEC, RÉzoDoc, CoreDump and CJC (Young researchers associations, resp. in SaintÉtienne, Marseille and France), ALOLISE, AXUL and Mirabellug (Free Software promotion associations, resp. in Saint-Étienne, Marseille, Nancy), Aide-et-Action (Children Education)
- Others: full driving licence